Candice Chilton was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer at 28.

Heprin, Clots and all that jazz.

For the sake of my sanity, Im just going to cut and paste what i wrote on Facebook until I can get to my laptop...I'm currently in Valley Hospital. I feel fine besides being bent out of shape I have to be here in the first place...

Ok here's the deal - apparently I have an "extensive long clot" that goes along the inside of my thigh. They don't think it was from my fall the other day although that might have triggered the discoloration and the leg to swell more. The doc said it was prob forming for awhile and could be from my cancer and a combo of my compression affecting my poor circulation. I have had problems with swelling from the knee down and having to wear compression socks and sleep with my feet elevated on a suitcase  to control calf and feet swelling since the start of this mess anyway so... Who knows when it started but they have me waiting for a room to be admitted while I am down in ER being given a Heprin pump to start to dissolve the clot. Not sure how long I'm being kept in the hospital. Said these kind of clots travel to the lungs easy so they want to keep an eye on me. In the morning they're going to ultrasound the other leg and my lungs just in case and we'll go from there but even if they find more clots they say the therapy is still the same. Heprin for now. That's all I know! 

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.