Candice Chilton was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer at 28.

To Be Replaced - A Quick little note.

So, I finally get the motivation up to write a long blog about where I've been and what I've been up to, including the not so positive events of a few new tumors that I am not so excited to be dealing with...and 4 pages later, my Blogger draft is...poof gone! Words cannot describe how frustrated I am right at the moment. I lost EVERYTHING I WROTE! So to fill in the space because I realize it is way over due I'm just going to go into the very cliffnotes version until I calm down and rewrite everything tomorrow. :(

A few weeks ago I developed symptoms of a compression in my spinal cord. My left hip started to hurt and my left leg started to lose strength. The pain got so bad all I could do was sit in the hot tub when I got home to ease the pain. Eventually, although due to a completely different issue of Hyper calcium which I'll go into tomorrow, scans were done, many MRI's were ran and it was found that I have a new tumor in my lower back fully compressing my spinal cord and causing incredible swelling and a whole slew of other problems. There is also an additional tumor above the hardware in my neck that, while it isn't putting pressure on my cord above yet, will if something isn't done ASAP. The plan is radiation to avoid surgery. Here are the two clearest xrays I have from my appointments.

Will write more tomorrow....ahh the pleasures of freaking technology.

This is a picture of the upper neck tumor.  The circled area should be a nice square but instead its in fragments and almost pushing on the spinal cord. With radiation hopefully the tumor will shrink and the bone will heal itself away from the cord.

This is a picture of the lower back tumor. The bone circled should be a nice square but instead its in pieces and depending how I move my spine through the day it either leaves the cord partially open or completely compresses it. When it is completely shut off I can't feel my feet and get incredible shooting pains. I am so anxious to get this fixed so I can walk again without dragging my feet or losing my balance!!

3 comments

  1. I can only imagine your frustation at all of it. Keep on keeping on and know you have a whole bunch of support behind you! (((very gentle hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaks my heart you have to deal with all of this and I pray with all my being for you to stay strong. You are a fighter Candice you have proved that time and again, you can beat this.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. time to put on the dragon slayer suit again and sharpen that sword!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.