Candice Chilton was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer at 28.

Update - Just Blogging thru Arredia

Good morning all! Just a short report while I'm bored sitting at my Arredia transfusion. I had my last radiation treatment this morning. I had 5 treatments to my lower back and 5 to my upper neck of a really high dose which has made me really sick to my stomach and incredibly stiff and in pain. I don't feel any relief yet, I'm still practically dragging my left leg to walk and have a lot of numbness that makes my balance difficult. I spoke with my radiation doctor who said that you can see side effects up to two weeks after the last treatment which means I could be totally fine this week but out of nowhere next week I could start to develop a burn or be so tired I can't get out of bed. Crossing fingers this doesn't happen but preparing for the possibility. On the upside I'm hoping that that also means in the next two weeks I could start to see relief! Strength back, swelling gone, balance restored - I'm not expecting a miraculous result in two weeks but I would like to walk from point a to point b without having to hold on to something or hug the wall just in case.
Like I said, I'm sitting through my monthly Arredia transfusion which means I just saw my cancer doc. He was very positive and said the numbers that did come back from the blood test were normal but the most important number, the tumor markers haven't come back yet so he can't tell me if the therapy I'm currently on, the Afinitor and Aromase is still working. The doc said he would call when the test comes back but in the meantime keep doing what I'm doing so... That's the plan! I will update when/if they change therapy but I plan on focusing on healing from the radiation and go from there...one thing at a time. 😄

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.