Candice Chilton was diagnosed with Stage IV Breast Cancer at 28.

OUCH

So I haven;t posted in awhile and figured I should do an update. First lets start with the health stuff. I feel good. I get tired easier than before, I'm bored like crazy at home and jumping at the bit to go to work, and after that one day of feeling like crap 4 days after chemo, I've been feeling pretty good. There are a few setbacks though. I've been out of radiation for two weeks now and am just feeling the side effects. From the top of my neck to the bottom of my shoulder blades is a radiation burn that is deeply peeling and painful. Its opening my incisions up and my surgeon is horrified. He's asking that I get daily treatments at a burn center and wet to dry bandages on the incisions that are opening up. Then he called my oncologist and demanded that I take 6 weeks off of chemo for the wounds to heal which apparently my oncologist agreed. I'm going to call him later today and verfiy that that is the  best idea because in my mind, it doesn't matter if my wounds heal if the cancer spreads and kills me anyway. Is it really a good idea to just stop chemo when we really haven't started yet?? Then he told me that with that incision and the healing, that he wants me in this horrible brace until Feb not Jan 10th like I was hoping which is also discouraging. They did do Xrays and the hardware inside is holding and healing, the screws are staying in place, but that was pretty much the only positive thing about the appointment.
Personally, and I'm going to be brief with this because I don't believe in using the internet to bad mouth or as a soap box to beat someone down however, West has broken up with me after 4 years. I'll never understand it, and I don't know if its the cancer that scared him, my appearance and maybe not being attracted to me now through all this, if he's overwhelmed with what was expected of him, work, school, taking care of me, etc. but he came to me Friday and very bluntly and honestly just said that he had done some thinking and he just didn't love me anymore and didn't want to be in this relationship. After a long conversation about how he has certain flaws he's unwilling to change for the good of our relationship, it ended in a screaming match and me packing my bags and cats. I'm currently living at moms and trying to deal with all of this. Sometime this week I'll head over to the apartment and grab my things...its going to be a long road, I'm devastated and will need a lot of time to heal but I'll get through it and appreciate everyone's support.

No comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.